Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Blood Guard

Reblogged from: Reviews in Chalk

Review:
The Blood Guard - Carter Roy
The Blood Guard #1
By Carter Roy

THE BLOOD GUARD is a thriller for kids! It has surprises, turns and twists.
The action starts right away when Evelyn Ronan Truelove after a normal day at school finds himself running away with his mom who confess being part of The Blood Guard, a ancient organization who takes care of the thirty-six pure souls who keep the balance in the world.
When I first read the description of this book I was curious about how Ronan's mom image was presented. Is not common to see the moms being the heroin of a story. I really liked how she is portrayed. She is smart and skillful. She does her work responsibly and efficiently. She loves Ronan and has been preparing him for something very special.
I find the idea of "protect the pure" very interesting and symbolic. The notion of preserve what is good, the right, the pure, to make up for the bad, and this way make a better world made Mr. Roy win a point with me. I think is a noble idea to imprint in the kids.
It ends on a cliffhanger. Thankfully I have the second book in the series, THE GLASS GAUNTLET to start reading right away!
Age range: 9 to 13 years old.

Find the review of the second book in the series here.

I received this book through NetGalley.com in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment