Thursday, October 8, 2015

Waiting


Review:
Waiting - Kevin Henkes, Kevin Henkes
by Kevin Henkes

I couldn't get into this book the first couples of times I read it. The illustrations are absolutely lovely. The kind of picture you feel like touching the page. But at the beginning I couldn't see much more beyond that. Only after reading it a few times to my kids I started to cherish the message.
Waiting is such a hard thing to do! Especially for the little ones is just pointless torture. The characters in this story spend their time just waiting by the window. From their spot they can see clouds shapes, a rainbow, the day, the night, the changing seasons. There's a kind of calm the book transmits, and that's what my kids enjoy of leafing it through so many times.

Age range: 3 to 5 years old.



No comments:

Post a Comment